While creating my storyboard I had to
create pictures in my mind of what I wanted the pages to look like before I formatted
it and put things into the storyboard template. I envisioned exactly what I
wanted my magazine to look like and made the template based off of my visual
thinking which made it a little bit challenging. Besides having to envision the
magazine in my head to format it like I wanted, I enjoyed getting to see my
magazine coming together right in front of my eyes. Nothing has changed from my
preliminary layout or concept chart. My ideas of my cover page changed a bit, I
originally didn’t plan on doing more than one color, but I think the green
looks really nice. Other than that, my concept and feature article is all the
same, an island magazine with a feature article on St. Lucia.
In the article, Filmmaking across
the curriculum: a beginner’s guide, the
author informs the reader that products take time, rarely anything good comes out of something that is rushed and not
well thought out. The author mentions key questions to think about when doing a film
or magazine including, knowing
who your audience is as well as your message. This can help when organizing and
planning out your project because you’ll know what content is needed for that
audience and you can put yourself in their shoes and think about what you might
be looking for when looking at a magazine such as the one you are creating. In another
article, Storyboard your way to success, the author states that, “Storyboards
are classified into four principal levels: planning, idea, organization, and
communication. Storyboarding is considered a perfect way to address complex
issues requiring creative solutions and it allows a group to generate a lot of
ideas. Its only major drawback is that it takes a lot of time.”


Comments
Post a Comment