Skip to main content

Decision Day

InDesign and Premier Pro are both very intricate apps that take a lot of practice to get the hang of. Premier Pro seems very intricate and harder to me because you are working with a film rather than pictures and you have to cut and edit a video which is not my field of expertise or liking. I would rather work with InDesign for my project because it’s easier to navigate around the app and easier to work with still pictures.

            From the article, Our Place in the Universe: The Importance of Story Telling in the Classroom, the author talks about using critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and creativity. When using InDesign and Premier Pro, it is all critical thinking and creativity. To do the project you’re constantly being creative within these apps and critically thinking about how you will edit and design for the project to make it personal and to your liking, all while at the same time adhering to the Cambridge requirements. The author also explains storytelling in the context of magazines. When making magazines you’re being creative and telling a story because the magazine portrays a story with pictures, interviews, and actual stories. With a magazine you have ample space to show these pictures and stories to create quality content that people can enjoy. In the other article, Survival of the Fittest: four editors on the future of literary magazines, the author writes about the opportunities involved with magazines with firsthand accounts of people experienced with magazines. They explained the opportunities and challenges involved with audiences of magazines and how you would have to change the target audience of magazines based on certain factors. However, if I decide to do a magazine, the only challenges of a target audience I have to worry about is the evaluation of AICE Cambridge and their requirements for the magazine project.

            For the portfolio project, I am thinking about doing the magazine. I find telling a story with content and pictures is interesting and fun. I think using InDesign will benefit me and cause less stress than if I were to use Premier Pro. Editing pictures is easier than a film and I don’t think I would be delivering a quality product if I were to do a film rather than a magazine.


Comments