Creativity is very important when doing a project, you want your work to stand out and be different than other’s. With many choices to make about typography, genre, masthead, and following a rubric, creativity is everything when making these choices.
In the Ted Talk, the speaker
mentions that every idea and creation comes with the ‘what if’ or ‘imagine if’.
When being creative we often ask ourselves and think about whether or not it
would work as well as think of alternatives. When being creative we must be
innovative and brave, we can’t be afraid to try new things even if we are
uncertain. In the Interview with Ron Beghetto, Ron states that uncertainty is really not something that we should
fear or shy away from, but rather view as a potential opportunity to develop
and demonstrate creative thought and action. Uncertainty
sparks creativity and creative reasoning involves generating new possibilities
that can help us resolve the uncertainty we are facing. Creativity can thrive
in any situation if you’re not afraid to go for it.
When completing the introduction activity,
I really had to be creative with choosing animals to describe myself. I was
uncertain of what animals to choose and how to relate them back to me, but it
made me be creative with the animals because I really had to think about it. I
had to think about my own traits and what animals portrayed the same trait to
complete the activity. This uncertainty allowed me look up traits of animals
which widened my knowledge on some traits of different animals that I didn’t
know before. The constraint of describing myself with animals was different and
I needed to look into other sources to find out more. Ron Beghetto said that constraints
force us to be creative within a particular area which can help us be even more
creative because we have to think specifically, which is exactly what I to do
and did.
When researching different
magazines I found that the contributors to the magazine all had experience and
you could tell through the work of the magazine because the magazines were very
clean, in terms of consistency and typography, as well as professionalism. The
genre I chose to research were travel magazines, the contributors to the
magazines included travel writers, filmmakers, editors who were experienced
with other magazines, as well as CEOS who were CEOs of other companies before.
Their creativity shined through their work because you can see that they know
who their target audience is, as well as what genre they are working within. The
magazines work within their genre and are creative by their main image,
typography, and coverline. Each magazine executes these features differently in
a way that works for their magazine. In the Get Lost: inspiring travel magazine,
their main image was the center of attention and their coverlines were minimal,
in terms if how many there were, their size, and their color. I would like to
execute this into my magazine. I liked how the main image was a beautiful
breathtaking image that was also the center of attention and how the coverlines
were small and off to the side. In the Conde Nast Traveler magazine, the
cover page on some of the magazines had too many different colors across the
coverlines and masthead, I would probably approach this differently and do more
like the Get Lost magazine with consistent typography and color features.
For my portfolio project I plan on
doing a travel magazine. I’m excited to do a travel magazine because I have the
perfect idea for what the magazine will be based on. Since I just traveled to
St. Lucia and have been there multiple times, I already have some knowledge and
pictures to use for the magazine. Travel magazines are also very organized which I love to be and
everyone loves to look at places they wish to visit one day.
Comments
Post a Comment